These gems were served hot and fresh as an appetizer at every dinner party growing up. My Nonna Pina is the queen of the patelli patati, she learnt from her mom and the tradition has been carried on for centuries.
My Nonna Pina is the queen of the patelli patati, she learnt from her mom and the tradition has been carried on for centuries.
4 cups potato
2 cups flour
3/4 cups parmigiano cheese
Teaspoon of salt and pinch of pepper
To taste basil and parsley
- Boil potatoes until cooked, drain
- Mash potatoes
- Add flour, cheese, salt, pepper and eggs
- Let cool and once cooled you are ready to fry
- Put oil in the frying pan, heat and test a small dollop of batter to test the temperature
- Wet your hands with olive to aid with rolling the potato batter and avoid sticking
- Roll into small balls, flatten with your fingers (use oil to avoid sticking)
- Fry and flip once browned and slightly more puffy (aka raised)
- Place on a paper towel when ready
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top while hot
- Serve hot!